Davis Math Mastery® program
Davis Math Mastery® provides tools to correct problems learning math. These learning problems are sometimes called dyscalculia and can often accompany dyslexia and ADD symptoms.
The Davis approach goes to the root issues that cause some people to have problems understanding and learning math with traditional teaching methods. Visual-spatial thinkers are often confused by the words and symbols which describe math functions. When the foundation concepts for understanding all mathematics are mastered, learning math becomes easy.
Like Davis Dyslexia Correction®, the first step in Davis Math Mastery is to enable children and adults to control disorientation. Once students can be sure that their perceptions are accurate, they can resolve any confusions about math with methods that build upon their creative and imaginative strengths.
The length of a Davis Math Mastery program is generally 5 days. Less time may be required if the client has already completed a basic Davis Dyslexia Correction program.
Davis Math Mastery programs address:
- Foundation concepts for understanding and learning math;
- Numbers, numerals, quantities, and counting;
- Place value;
- Arithmetic operations;
- Fractions and decimals;
- Word problem comprehension;
- Learning math facts like basic addition or multiplication tables;
- Telling time or keeping track of time;
- Reading or using a calendar;
- Making change;
- Sequencing and Logic.
* Programs are designed around client goals and needs and will not always include everything above.
Used with permission from www.dyslexia.com